FREQUENTLY ANSWERED QUESTIONS:
– If I had an account here before, do I have to sign up again?
Answer: Yes, please sign up again. Sorry for the trouble.
– I’m having trouble signing up. Can you help?
Answer: Yes, I can help! Please send me screen shots or descriptions of the steps you’re having trouble with. terry at comicartcommissions.com
– My images won’t upload or the site times out.
Answer: Please modify your images to be web-ready. That means compressing them to a reasonable size in an image editing tool of your choice. Your account has limited server space for images. Optimize your images for best results.
– This FAQ will build and move to it’s own page if needed.
– Can you give me more information on how to optimize my images for upload?
Optimizing images is important for search engine ranking. This page will help give you a better idea of the tools you can use and why it’s important to do this before adding your images to the website.
– What kind of information should I include in my Listing?
Your profile really needs a lot of information. People may not bother to fill out a form and ask you for details. Let the clients know what the cost of your typical commission or page work is. Let them know the size. Show them examples. Let them know about shipping and how you accept payment. You really have to sell yourself and your services. Most casual browsers aren’t going to ask you for the details they want to see up front. Add a much as you can about how you take commissions.
– What is the difference between Beginner, Experienced, and Professional Listings?
$2.00 Beginner Features contain:
$3.00 Experienced Features contain:
$5.00 Professional Features contain:
– I subscribed and added a Listing but it’s not active? How do I make my listing active?
If you are on the Edit Listing page, look for the link at the bottom right of the page to Pay. If you are not on the Edit Listing Page, go to your User Dashboard and click “Listings” on the left side of the page. Look for the prompt to pay there. Your listing will be active when you pay.
– Where is my Listing in the User Dashboard on Mobile?
Look for the icon which looks like a pin on a map. I will change this soon.
– Is one listing per skill still the advisable thing to do?
Are you a Penciller only? Only list in Pencillers. Do you pencils *and* ink yourself or others? Pencillers and Inkers. Do you color your own are? Pencil, Ink, Colors. Have only one listing but include yourself in as many categories which actually apply.
– In the Dashboard, I’m not sure what the Lead Form is.
The Lead Form is the form the client fills out which is on your page. Yes, this page needs updating ASAP. I will put it on the list of things to do.
Basically, you can modify whatever it is you ask someone when they fill out the contact form on your Listing.